Online Burial Information
We are proud to now offer online burial information lookup. This is a fantastic resource for genealogy enthusiasts, residents, and anyone looking for available burial spaces. Simply view the Burial Information spreadsheet to the right and search the alphabetical listings for the name and corresponding burial location information that you are looking for. You can then cross-reference the plot location on that document with the maps provided to pinpoint exact location information. Additionally, you may also use the maps to view open burial spaces.
Purchasing a Burial Space
Both Hope and Virgo Cemeteries currently have burial plots available. The purchase of a burial space grants a right of burial only – it does not convey any other title to the lot or burial space sold.
To purchase a burial plot, please contact the Clerk’s Office to schedule a time to review open plots and locations.
Designated cremation spaces are located in a cremation only section of Hope Cemetery. Up to (2) cremations are allowed on these spaces.
The following are allowed on each traditional lot:
- One Traditional Burial
- One Traditional Burial and up to two Cremation Burials
- Up to four Cremation Burials
|Traditional Lot||Designated Cremation Spaces
|Resident $400||Resident $200|
|Nonresident $800||Nonresident $400|
|Grave Openings (Weekdays)||Grave Openings (Saturdays)||Grave Openings (Sundays & Holidays)|
|Full: $700||Full: 1.5x Weekday Rate ($1,050)||Full: 2x Weekday Rate ($1,400)|
|Cremation: $425||Cremation: 1.5x Weekday Rate ($637.50)||Cremation: 2x Weekday Rate ($850)|
Winter Charges, Nov 1 – Mar 31, $150 additional on each of the above
Additional cemetery work will be billed at $95 per hour.
- Burial spaces shall be purchased through the Township Clerk’s Office.
- All burials must be arranged through the Clerk’s Office.
- Markers or memorials must be made of stone or other equally durable composition.
- Markers will be placed at the head of the burial site with no more than one marker per burial site.
- Maintenance of markers is the responsibility of the family of the deceased.
- No individual plantings of trees, shrubs, or rosebushes shall be permitted.
- No edging, stones, fence, railing, or hedge to define the lot or grave space shall be permitted.
- Also prohibited are Shepherds Hooks or structures of any type.
- Flowers are allowed within 12” of the memorial and may not to extend past lot boundaries in full bloom.
- Summer lot decorations are permitted from May 1 through September 20.
- Winter lot decorations are permitted from November 1 through March 31 of the following year.
- Decorations remaining beyond the time permitted may be removed and destroyed by the Township.
- No glass containers are permitted.
- A container is available at Hope Cemetery from April through October for the disposal of cemetery refuse. Dumping on grounds adjoining the cemetery is prohibited.
- A rain barrel is available during the summer months for watering of flowers.
- Any violation of the Texas Township Cemetery Policy is subject to removal by the Township.