The Township has an upcoming vacancy for a Township Trustee and we are currently accepting applications for that position. The individual appointed as Township Trustee would serve through the remainder of the current term - set to expire on November 20, 2024.
The Trustee would be expected to attend all Township Board meetings, which are held on the second and fourth Monday of the month at 6:00 PM with a Committee of the Whole workshop style meeting held at 5:00 PM prior to the second meeting of the month. In 2023, Trustees receive a $4,000 annual salary and a $150 per diem for each meeting attended. Interested individuals are encouraged to submit an application with a current résumé. Applications are due by 10:00 AM on Tuesday, December 13.
Application Form - Digital (preferred)
Application Form (PDF)
If not applying online, please submit completed application materials to Deputy Superintendent Brooke Hovenkamp via email or by delivering to the Township Office.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Registered to vote
- U.S. citizen
- Resident of Michigan for at least six months; resident of Texas Township for at least 30 days
Interview & Appointment Process
- December 13 | 10:00 AM: Deadline to submit application
- December 13 - 16: Township Board reviews applications
- December 19 - Committee of the Whole: Township Board discusses applicants and compiled scoring
- December 19 - Regular Meeting: Township Board selects top candidates to interview
- January 9 - Regular Meeting: Interviews are held with selected candidates
- January 23 - Regular Meeting: Appointment to be made by Township Board
If you have questions, please contact the Township Office at 269-375-1591 or by email at email@example.com.