Beginning in April, Texas Township is partnering with College Hunks to pilot a curbside bulk item collection service. The township will be divided into four zones of ~1,500 homes per zone. Each zone will have one designated week for collection.
This service will be available for single-family homes and condominiums located within the Township. It will not be available for vacant parcels, commercial or industrial buildings, apartments, or manufactured home communities. You can use our online lookup map to see if you qualify, and what zone you are located in.
How it Works
Residents can place accepted items at the curb the Friday-Sunday prior to the start of collection in their zone. College Hunks will pick up the items during the designated collection period (within six days) and recycle or dispose of the items. Items must be placed at the curb by 11pm on the Sunday prior to collection beginning in that zone.
Maximum collection per household is three cubic yards (approximately the size of a pickup truck bed).
Household doors and windows, furniture, mattress/box springs (must be wrapped), carpeting, toys, miscellaneous rubbish/junk
• Glass should be in a cardboard box or sturdy container & sealed
• Carpets must be bundled and 4ft or shorter in length
• Item cannot exceed weight that is safely transported by two people
• We recommend separating metals into a separate pile at the curb
- Freon appliances (refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, etc.
- Electronics (computers, printers, monitors, accessories)
- Tires, auto parts or engines
- Oil, gasoline, or antifreeze
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Chemicals, paints, solvents, pesticides, herbicides
- Stumps, yard debris, brush
- Medical waste
- Other household hazardous waste
Dumpster Day events will be postponed for 2022 while we pilot this service. If you have any questions, please contact the Township Office at 269-375-1591.